State Child Care Assistance & Subsidy Information
Child care subsidies help eligible families pay for child care while they work, go to school, or take part in other approved activities. DEL sets the policies for Working Connections Child Care (WCCC), Seasonal Child Care (SCC) and Homeless Child Care (HCC). Community agencies determine family eligibility for SCC and HCC. DSHS determines eligibility for WCCC and pays providers for authorized services.
Learn more about child care subsidy programs in Washington.
More information and resources for child care providers.
To download a document, right-click a link to save it to your hard drive. You can also click the link to open it.
- Special Needs Child Care Rate Request
- Note: This form replaces the two DSHS special needs rate request forms.
- Special Needs Child Care Rate Request [66k]
- Special Needs Child Care Rate Request - Spanish [59k]
- Families who qualify for assistance through the Working Connections Child Care or Seasonal Child Care programs and have a child with special needs may be eligible to apply for a special needs rate to help pay for care. This form can be used by both families and child care providers to request a special need rate. To submit the form, families contact the DSHS Customer Service Call Center at 1.877.501.2233 or child care providers can call the Provider Line at 1.800.394.4571.
- The family must approve the request and be involved in determining if their child qualifies for the special needs rate. Special needs rates may not be approved based only on a child care provider's request.
- Working Connections Child Care (WCCC) brochure
- Information about getting started with WCCC, as well as families' rights and responsibilities.
- English [560k]
- Spanish [577k]
- WCCC DSHS Enrollment Verification Form
- DSHS needs the information on this form to verify your child's enrollment in Head Start, Early Head Start or ECEAP before authorizing 12-month eligibility for WCCC.
- Enrollment Verification Form [35k]
- WCCC self-employment plan
- If you are self-employed, you must submit this signed and dated self-employment plan to DSHS when you apply or reapply for WCCC. Contact the DSHS Customer Service Call Center at 1.877.501.2233 for more information.
- Small business information:
- Do you need to register your business?
- Register a business
- Start a business in Washington
- Small business guide
^ Back to top