Subsidy information for providers
Several state child care subsidy programs help eligible families with children pay child care costs. The most common is the Working Connections Child Care program which helps families who are working and have incomes at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level. Other programs include the help for families who are homeless or seasonal workers, or through specific Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) programs.
The first step is for the family to contact DSHS to see if they qualify for subsidies, using the Community Services Office website or by calling toll-free 1.877.501.2233. Click for a WCCC brochure for families.
See related subsidy documents and forms for parents and eligibility workers.
Subsidy training must be completed by June 30, 2013
DEL has contracted with Child Care Aware Washington to provide subsidy trainings. Child care providers are required to take this free training if they receive child care subsidy payments from the state as a licensed family home or a family, friend and neighbor (FFN) child care provider. Under the Collective Bargaining Agreement between DEL and SEIU 925, licensed family home child care providers and FFN providers are required to take this training every two years. This training must be completed by June 30, 2013.
The training is available online at www.wachildcaretraining.com. You may request a hard copy of the training be mailed to you by calling 1.866.416.4321, ext. 108.
Below is a list of frequently used resources for child care providers.
WCCC Provider Line
Providers may contact the WCCC Provider Line to:
- Check the status of a WCCC application or review
- Check payment authorization or billing, such as, hours of care, units or payment type
- Provide information about your rates
- Report a mistake on a current authorization
Providers can contact the Provider Line by:
- Telephone, 1-800-394-4571 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Language assistance is available.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Send DSHS information or questions 24 hours a day about WCCC child care. The average response time is one business day.
- Fax, 1-888-338-7410
Working Connections Information Phone (WCIP) for Child Care Providers 1-866-218-3244
This information is available in both English and Spanish. Automated access is available 24 hours a day.
- Use this number to check on the family’s authorization, copayment, case status and effective dates of coverage.
- Information is only available after the case has been processed.
- If the parent’s eligibility has not been determined, the information will not be available on the WCIP.
Invoice Express 1-888-461-8855
- Use this number to submit your SSPS Service Invoice for child care payment using a touch tone phone.
- Invoice Express is available in English and Spanish.
WCCC Answer Phone for Families 1-877-980-9220
- Families use this number to check on the status of their cases.
- You can encourage families to call and check on the status of their cases.
SEIU 925 Member Support Department 1-877-734-8673
- Use this number if you have questions about your SEIU contract, SEIU meetings and workshops, or representation in your area, or if you need other resources.
- If you have questions about SEIU health care, please call 1-866-771-7359.
Child Care Provider Grievance Line 1-888-270-0613
- Use this number to discuss issues related to the CBA, except for overpayments.
- When you call the grievance line, please be prepared to provide your full name, your provider number and details of your situation.
Child Care Food Program
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Child and Adult Care Food Program provides federal funds to serve nutritious meals and snacks. You may be eligible for the program when you are approved by DSHS to care for children in your own home. For more information about the program, contact the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction at 360-725-6200.
The Department of Social and Health Services has many programs to assist families in Washington.
The Department of Early Learning Washington Administrative Code for WCCC.