If you care for and teach young children professionally or you’re interested in a career working with children and families, Washington’s professional development system can help you:
- Learn what you need to know and be able to do when caring for children.
- Manage your training and education record.
- Find opportunities for training and education.
- Find resources and financial support for your professional development.
Your Tools and Resources
Learn about MERIT
MERIT is an online tool that can help you:
- Keep track of your
education and training experience.
- Find training opportunities by
- Share your qualifications with current and
Learn more >
Go directly to MERIT>
Professional Development Achievement Awards
We’ve retired the Career Lattice: Now, you can submit your education
for verification and apply for an achievement award in one easy
Learn more >
Training Library for Early Learning Professionals
Find more resources, including best practices.
Go to the Library >
Answers to Top Questions
How do I get my education award?
What are Washington’s training requirements for child care providers?
How can I earn “stackable” certificates in early childhood education?
Where can I get financial support for my training and education?
What do I need to know and be able to do to provide quality education
to young children?
How do I become a state-approved trainer?
How do I give feedback to DEL about a training that I received?