What is MERIT?
MERIT (Managed Education and Registry Information Tool) is an online portal that helps professionals in the field of early care and education in
- Keep track of their education and training experience
- Find training opportunities by state-approved trainers
- Share their qualifications with current and future employers
- Complete a portable background check application
- Be recognized and receive awards for their professional
Go to MERIT >
Who should use MERIT?
MERIT is for anyone who works in early care and education, including facilities and programs such as:
- Family home child care
- Child care centers
- Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP)
- Head Start
- School-age child care
MERIT is also for those who support early care and education:
- Administrators, including facility directors and program supervisors
- Coaches and trainers
- K–12 educators and higher education faculty
How do I enter my education and training experience in MERIT?