Managed Education and Registry Information Tool (MERIT)
The Managed Education and Registry Information Tool (MERIT) is Washington’s online portal to document and recognize the professional achievements of early care and education and school-age professionals in Washington. MERIT helps professionals find training offered by state-approved trainers and track their individual career progress as well as basic and continuing education training completion.
Why join MERIT?
MERIT is for people who work with young children and their families in early care and education or school-age programs, including:
- Family home child care providers
- Child care center staff
- Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) teachers
- Head Start teachers
- School-age child care providers
- Administrators, including facility directors and program supervisors
Why should professionals join MERIT?
MERIT supports your professional record and achievements. It allows you to keep track of ongoing education and training, and helps you plan your career path. Learn how to document your education by reading the Five Easy Steps to Completing your Education Application. Participation in MERIT will help you:
- Document your education and training experience in one place.
- Build a professional resume and plan your education and career goals.
- Find training opportunities by state-approved trainers with expertise and skill.
- Share qualifications with current and future employers.
- Data from MERIT can be used for other quality initiatives such as Early Achievers, Washington's quality rating and improvement system.
- Connects the early learning workforce to Washington state core competencies.
- Supports quality assurance and requirements for state-approved trainers and training delivery.
- Gives licensing staff a resource to review licensing requirements, including portable background checks and training completion.
- Gathers data on early care and education and school-age professionals to identify workforce trends and inform future early learning system development.