Washington Weighted WAC Survey
After a successful round of focus groups, the Washington Weighted WAC Survey has been created. This survey will be taken by a random representative sample of stakeholders, including in-home and center child care providers, licensors, parents, and community professionals. If you would like further information about the weighting standards or the Weighted WAC Survey, please check out the following resources:
- Overview: Weighting Standards
- Washington Weighted WAC Survey FAQ - English
- Washington Weighted WAC Survey FAQ - Spanish
- Weighted WAC Survey Focus Group Summary
- Weighted WAC Informational Graphic
- WA Weighted WAC Survey Info Session Webinar Slides
- WA Weighted WAC Survey Information Session Webinar Recording
- Audio recordings of the WA Weighted WAC Survey (narrated in English)
All licensing rules provide a foundation of protection for children. Each rule is designed to provide for the health, safety, and development of children in licensed care. However, a violation of some standards poses a greater risk to children than others. The process of “weighting” licensing standards will identify those rules that are most important for keeping children safe.
- Focus the state’s licensing resources;
- Support increased provider and consumer understanding;
- Reduce variance in decision-making; and
- Facilitate taking the right licensing action at the right time.